[SEL] My latest engine

Rex Hinz rexhinz at chorus.net
Thu Mar 10 18:06:28 PST 2005

Hi all ;

  Just got my Economy engine I got on Ebay , Its a 2-1/2 hp model E 1918, it
is almost complete just missing the plug wire and valve lock, it was located
in nebraska and a truck driver friend picked it up for me and brought it
back to Baraboo,  It is well used but very restorable , the cam gears are
all but worn out and the exhaust push rod worn ,it has a Wico EK mag and it
is hot but the push rod is worn enough it tilys to the outside and misses
the trip finger on the mag , I have it completly disassembled now and all
else seems to be in very good shape, I hopr to have it restored and running
by the Badger Steam and Gas show in Aug,
I will put som pics up on webshots soon , I will most likley need some help
from you experts setting up the mag trip and timing when I reassemble it,

Rex Hinz