[SEL] Showing engines or not, What about insurance?

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 10 17:19:14 PST 2005

Hi all,

Thanks for the many comments on this issue. Cleaned the slate so I could
try to explain a little better.

The reason I wanted the board of directors blessing is liability
insurance. As I understand it, our insurance only covers "club" events.
My only intention was to get a bunch together to show off iron, but the
insurance issue concerns me. If it is not a "club" event, I don't think
I would get many to attend because of the lack of insurance.

It was never my intention to have the club equipment, sawmill, etc. to
this small show. As far as I know all of that is never moved from it's
home at a museum where we show it in action each fall. We would need the
single rope and stands, fence, and I would gladly haul that and set it up.

Comments welcome.

Jeff Allen