[SEL] Universal GenSet

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:13:18 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:34:35 +0000, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:24:36 -0700, Richard Strobel
>
> >  Does anyone know which position of the advance/retard lever is retard...up
> > or down?  Don't need any excitement regarding that proceedure:-)
>
> I'll have a look tonight and report back, assuming someone else hasn't
> already let you know.
>
> Peter

OK, the way the lever works depends on the rotation/mounting of the
magneto. Left hand magneto the lever raises for advance (17 degrees)
or lowers for retard (same degrees)

Right hand magneto is the opposite.

It's a little ambiguous to my mind... If you can see the points and
crank the engine over, you should be able to confirm which is which.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com