[SEL] Oz Auction Report

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 5 01:39:39 PST 2005

Ron Sullivan and I went for a little day trip today to attend an auction
down in Wagga Wagga. I left at 3.30am and arrived home at 8.00pm after
covering 900km.
The weather was pretty poor but there was a big turn up of bidders on the
fairly good range of engines offered. After looking over the engines I did
notice one sad thing: many of the engines had suffered some damage in being
transported to the auction site! There was a Famous with a newly snapped
Webster bracket, an engine with a broken transporter wheel (from being
dropped, most likely) and all sorts of other minor damage :(
Here are some of the engines at the Auction with some results (note: my
prices are at the fall of the hammer and do not include the 11% buyers
premium)

Tangye (portable, 95% complete) $2050
Hornsby Gas Engine (99% complete) $2000
Bentall 4hp vertical (restored) $1500
8hp Famous with transport and stationary base(90% complete, some broken
parts) $2800
10hp IHC M portable (95% complete) $1700
Lister N $800
15hp McDonald $1250
6hp IHC M (restored) $950
5hp Emu (throttle-governed Hercules) $900
3hp IHC M (low tension) $420
Ronnie N 2hp $50
Alfa Laval 2hp (Ronnie N) $90
Petter Apple Top (incomplete, poor condition) $320
Palmer Marine $140

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html