[SEL] OT Computer Problems

Jack Watson nadejack at optusnet.com.au
Fri Mar 4 16:25:14 PST 2005

Gary Epps wrote:

> Can anyone offer some help?  Last night I downloaded an update for
> Mozilla Firefox.  This and thus far today I can't access the internet.
> I get a message "can't locate start.mozilla.org" or "can't locate
> fidnet.com (or whatever site I am trying to access)"
>
> I have tried IE as well as Opera and get the message "can't locate
> fidnet.com"  even when I have accessed fidnet to download email with
> Mozilla Thunderbird.
>
> What do I need to do?  Help!
>
> Gary

I am having the same trouble, Gary. OK with OE and the original Mozilla,
but I installed and only want to use the Mozilla sub-sets Firefox and
Thunderbird, but they both report "Unable to access your Provider".
I was able to do this when on dial-up, but no so with broadband.
I tried my provider's support help-line, but they say they only support
OE & IE.
T'bird & F'fox only offer token help.
Will be interested to learn more.
Jack in Oz