[SEL] Tearing up the Books

George Best George_Best at adp.com
Fri Mar 4 15:10:14 PST 2005

The couple that I looked at were magazine ads.  I think there is a
difference between cutting out magazine ads or pages, and taking pages
out of a book.

While there are people who collect magazines and hate to see any
magazine cut up there are valid reasons for doing so.  Quite often the
ad in a magazine is all that a buyer is interested in.  There are also
cases where the magazine cover was missing or other pages were missing
which made the magazine not desirable to a collector.

Books are different in that usually the entire book is on or related to
any illustrations that may be found in the book, and the entire book
would be of interest to a collector.  Although I could see in cases
where part of the book was in poor condition that harvesting good
illustrations may be okay.

WAIT George