[SEL] What was your best engine trip?

George Best George_Best at adp.com
Thu Mar 3 13:51:41 PST 2005

> George,
> Suspect after hearing about your HOWT tours and the EHOWT we
> all feel like our little trips to see engine collection pale
> by comparison!

My trips can be a bit hard core, but people shouldn't feel that their
favorite engine trip has to be of epic proportions. A favorite show you
go to, a trip to pick up an engine you bought, or just a visit to
someplace where you saw an engine is fine.

> Personally only having been in the hobby 7 or 8 years we've
> simply not had the time yet to see many of the collections.
> With work and limited vacations only short trips are
> permitted.

Should be easier to have a favorite trip if you've been in the hobby a
shorter amount of time and have been fewer places.  The more trips and
experiences you have, the harder it is to pick a favorite one.  Sort of
like picking a favorite engine is easier if you have a small collection
than a large collection.

> I image when we are enjoying the 7 day weekend, there will be
> more opportunity for the HOWT trips you've tantalized us
> with!

7 day weekend??? Not me.  I've got to work full time to support the
lifestyle I've come accustomed to ;-)  All of my HOWT trips were not
more than a 2 week vacation.  Granted, after working 30 years I get more
than 2 weeks of vacation a year, but not enough.  I am looking forward
to the 7 day weekend, just can't afford it yet.

WAIT George