[SEL] Power Kerosene replacement recipies

Brock Summerfield brock at netspeed.com.au
Wed Jun 22 03:56:05 PDT 2005

I agree with you Edd if the truth be known about power kero needs a lot
higher heat rate to burn fully thats why it was used in tractors
i knew a guy who worked for Ronaldson tippett  he told me during the 1930,s
40,s farmer put power kero in there engines after a few weeks they would gum
up and lock up the engines had to be striped down i have seen this first
hand a few years ago a guy in our club put power kero in his 16 hp  Austral
oil engine it gumed up after a days running  it locked up we had to take the
piston out to clean it . and as far as TVO fuel in the original hornsby
akroyd  hand book dated 1900 it states that they used HVO , hornsby
vaporising oil , that was made of Russian crude that it is stated in the
hornsby book .
Brock