[SEL] RE: Power Kerosene replacement recipies

Michael Young michael.y at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jun 22 02:50:21 PDT 2005

 I use the ordinary blue dyed kero available in supermarkets to run my
Allan.  It runs no problems now although it did take  take a while to get
the settings right - fuel valve duration being found to be important.  20
minutes of blow lamp to get started now and it goes all day at about 150rpm
provided I slow the water circulation down a bit.  If I forget to slow down
the cooling water, it stops in a smokey blue haze after a few hours!!   I am
told Hornsby's are a bit fussy with fuel but I am yet to find out if
helicopter juice is worth the trouble with them.

Michael