[SEL] New acquisition

Larry Evans lfevans at pacbell.net
Mon Jun 13 19:18:32 PDT 2005

Hi......

My brother and I recently got hold of a really neat old air compressor on a
big cart with tall steel wheels.  At present it is powered by an electric 3
hp. three phase motor but the original LeRoi MH 3 power unit came along
with it.  The plan is to put the LeRoi back on the cart to power the
compressor if it proves to be machanically sound.  Take a look at:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/levans/leroi/
to see some pictures of both units.

It seems that literature is a little scarce for LeRoi engines and would
like to know if what Ed at Hit and Miss Ent. has covers this model.  It is
a 2 cylinder upright hopper cooled machine in a factory made enclosure.  I
have not had time yet to look real close but it seems intact and externally
everything seems in good shape and it is not stuck.  Also would like to
know approximate date of manufacture and horsepower and rpm for it.

Since there are not too many pictures on the new web page I tried using
thumbnails that are large enough to view in their own right but are
clickable for larger images.  I'd like to know if this works out o.k. for
dial up connections or if I should go back to smaller thumbnails.

Regards,

Larry Evans
Arcadia, Southern California, USA
MailTo:LFEVANS at pacbell.net