[SEL] semi- OTgas tank sealer question

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Mon Jun 13 05:54:41 PDT 2005

I've used Lee W. Pedersen's gas tank sealer several times in the past and
really like it. I've run tanks for 6 or 7 years with no failures and the
stuff sticks great.
Now the question - I have a car gas tank that is very scaly inside -
chunks, pretty bad, yet still solid, not worried about leaks, just plugged
fuel filters. I'm going to flush it out really well.
Lee has no phone or fax listed, you must know what you want and order it.
does anyone have any idea how much of this sort of sealer would be needed
for a 16-18 gallon tank? 2 quarts? A gallon?
You pour it in, shake and roll the tank to coat the inside then pour the
excess out.
I don't want to spend $100 for a gallon if 2 quarts would be plenty.

Bill
Runnells, Iowa
(We can stop work on the ark now, the rain is nearly over..........)