[SEL] OT-Amish Restraint Laws

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Jun 7 11:32:49 PDT 2005

Tommy,
 Some very good points in that post. Most of the Amish in this area are
all good folks. The problem is that the new laws as enacted are based
solely on the people being Amish, NOT poor craftsmen or bad folks. The
new codes specify Amish by name not just stating that you cannot use
ungraded lumber or must use treated lumber. The local Amish will build
entirely using store bought lumber if you want them to.

Steve Williams