[SEL] Good little show today... Emerald Winterfest (Victoria, Australia)

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Sun Jul 31 00:32:07 PDT 2005

Got home from the Emerald Winterfest half an hour ago, a fantastic turn
out this year (including SEL member Mick Christie!). Usually this show
is tiny with 4 to 6 engines, but today we had over 20, that combined
with a really good day of weather and a huge crowd (most of town turned
up). Hopefully the show has finally reached critical mass and we'll be
able to expand a little every year.

I was a lazy bugger (way too much non engine stuff to do at work & home)
and only took the little Maytag I finished the other week. At first it
was a dud and would not go, but after I played with the magneto (didn't
do anything, literally just wiggled things) off it went. It ran non-stop
until it ran out of fuel towards the end of the day where I left it
alone to cool off before loading the difficult load to make the trip
home. I had the muffler held on with a tent peg (mainly to annoy our
club secretary who has come to expect something wierd on my engines!)

The only bad bit is I've picked up a flu... getting into the fever part
of it right now :(

I have to write something up for the club newsletter (got cornered) but
then I'm off to bed to try sleep this crap off.

I'll try to get pictures up soon. There was a bit of a MacDonald
overload - the good thing about Macs is that most of them smoke so much
no-one noticed the Maytag signature cloud.

Paul

pjp at steamengine.com.au
Emerald, Victoria, Australia
www.steamengine.com.au