[SEL] Wheel casting

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sat Jul 23 14:41:13 PDT 2005

Rob, we can only guess that this gizmo was a small home built log splitter
or chopper of some kind.  We believe it's a flywheel off of a Eli hay baler.
Great lettering cast into the side of the flywheel.  The PO installed a ring
on the flywheel face and then welded two splitting wedges one behind the
other?  The axle has a two piece large belt pulley on it and with reduction
was driven by a small electric motor.  The axle base is also there and has
bearing surfaces also which were not used in this contraption.

  So your guess is as good as mine:-)

later
Rick