[SEL] Titan chainsaw

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jul 23 03:50:05 PDT 2005

I've got a small Titan like yours but haven't got it running yet. Our big
one uses a mix of 1pt of 50wt oil to the gallon, smokes heavy until it gets
warmed up. I personallly don't use oil mix diffrent from what the
manufacturer says in any of our old saws. Most of the old saws ran a 1/2 pt
of 30wt to the gallon. Mall's used 3//4 a pt I believe. Most of the time
there is a tag somewhere on the saw that gives the oil/gas mix.

Titans were made in Washington state. The story related to me by someone
from the west coast was that the factory went out of business many years ago
and saw production/support was not sold off. Don't know how accurate the
account is but the fellow knew more about the saws than anyone in my neck of
the woods.

John Hall