[SEL] (no subject)

bdb bdb at mchsi.com
Sat Jul 16 18:31:29 PDT 2005

I am hoping that some of the oil field engine gurus can help me. I have an 8 hp Reid that uses hot tube ignition only. I can't get the torch to heat the tube hot enough to fire the engine. I have heard other torches have a roaring sound when running but mine just kind of hisses. I am using a 100 lb tank and have the torch running on the tanks pressure. I have Covered the air holes on at a time but it still won't generate. I thought about resizing the orifice that the gas comes out but the hole is really small and the smallest bit I have is .020. Are there a variety of orifices available? What should I do?

Thanks
Barry
Barry D Buchanan
410 S. Moore