[SEL] Fuel pump packing material

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 06:18:32 PDT 2005

On 7/14/05, cgandree at mchsi.com <cgandree at mchsi.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> Some time ago I posted a similar request and found out from a old steamengine
> man that Telfon packing rope is the best there is.  Found it with alot of help
> from fellow list members thru McMaster Carr sources.  It isn't cheap, but
> works very very well.  I rebuild my 1905 Stover 5hp upright with it. The fuel
> pump works better then it ever did with the orginal stuff.  If you want some
> of these stuff I had to buy a full roll to get it and would sell you what you
> need.
> contact me off list,
> Curt Andree

By one of those coincidences that we often come across,  I was given a
new packet of Graphited PTFE packing this morning, made by James
Walker and sold as 'Flougraf' packing. One of our electronics
suppliers had bought a load of surplus stuff and this unopened pack
was in the shipment.

It is 3mm (1/8") diameter, and we can cut you a piece off the roll and
post it to you if that size is OK.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes