[SEL] Paint and primer

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 13 18:01:21 PDT 2005

Hi all,

Been giving this thought for quite some time and now time to ask
opinions. When you paint an engine do you prime it first or just shoot
the color? If you prime it why? I shot the Maytag with no primer and
it's fine. Thinking of the same for the Sattley.

I have built many auto engines and never primed them. Spray can engine
enamel over bare metal. Last one of mine had 75,000 plus with no paint
issues. Thoughts and comments welcome.

Jeff Allen
Arvada, 98 degrees at 6 P.M., Colorado

P.S. Always nice to get something like this in the inbox.