[SEL] Baker Monitor update.

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Jul 12 06:10:01 PDT 2005

Reg,
Well I'll be! Makes perfectly good sense now that you explain it. Seems
like there was nothing but a good layer of crud in the area when we took
it apart, but just assumed some sort of seal had been removed. And to
think I went to a fair amount of trouble this weekend when putting the
crankshaft in. RTV'd the slingers to the crankshaft to make sure oil
could not get by them. Also RTV's each and every shim both to the block,
to each other, and to the caps to make sure oil could not weep by them
either. Now you tell me there will be 2 open windows to freely pump air
and oil mist out. Guess stocking up on paper towels is a must! Jim
Kirkes says an inch of oil max in the bottom of the crankcase seems to
be the happy medium between proper lubrication and oil slobbering.
Thanks for saving me from this mistake.
Curt