[SEL] Webster Holder

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Sat Jan 29 14:59:14 PST 2005

It's been very damp, cold and foggy here so I cranked up the heat in the
shop and built something I've been meaning to do for a long time. I have
several engines that run with Webster magnetos and every time I have to work
on one I end up clamping it in the vise to hold it while trying to trip the
mechanism to check spark, and invariably the thing comes loose and falls
out. So with the cold nasty fog outside I built a bracket to hold them. I
used an old igniter from a Alamo engine, a piece of  4 X 4 angle and mounted
the igniter to the angle. Made a handle and a couple of slides for the push
rod, mounted the trip finger and I was done. Works great, makes me wonder
why I didn't do this years ago. I guess when we get older we eventually get
wiser.........
A couple of pictures of this contraption at
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=3009545&a=31617116&f=
Dave