[SEL] Australia Day OT

Kerry ozengine at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 26 21:40:32 PST 2005

G'Day Dave

> Hi Patrick, What the hell is Australia Day? Is it something like our 4the
> of July?

Not really, we celebrate the day the POMS (Captain Cook) landed on these
shores, yesterday the aborigines celebrated invasion day, well at least some
of them got off their backsides for awhile
Having said that it is a day to remember our heritage, new immigrates become
OZ citizens etc

> Do you guys down under have a 4th of July?

Sure do, usually just after the 3rd of July and just before the 5th July
8-))