[SEL] patent search

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Thu Jan 20 09:03:32 PST 2005

Hi Tom,

That's a really good summary of the "patent search problem."

Fortunatly, there may be a solution.  We have a number of folks on the
list who enjoy the "seven day weekend."  Clearly winter is a slack time
for them.  Perhaps they could spend some time doing a service that would
benefit everyone.

All they would need to do is to download and save the first text page of
each patent.  Then use OCR software (like the one that comes with a
scanner) to convert that page to searchable text.  Then they put all of
that info into one big file that we could search.

Easy peasy.  Do we have a volunteer?

See ya,  Arnie