[SEL] Prioritizing Your Projects

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 18:30:19 PST 2005

Hi,
I find that I am having trouble establishing priorities on projects  that I
get started and then for some reason before finishing the project I get
started on another one.
As an example, I started to get my Johnson reassembled.  Then  I found that I
needed to get the magneto remagnized.  The person does my  magneto work has
been sick with the flu and pneumonia and will not be able to  get the work done
until next month.  Thus, the Johnson project is on  hold.
Next example is, I have started to get the IHC LB running.  In  trying to get
it running right, I had to grind the valves.  My neighbor has  a seat
grinder.  However, he couldn't find the correct pilot.  After a  couple of phone
calls, I was able to borrow one.  I was able to get head  reworked and assembled
to the engine.  Of course, I had to make some new  oiling felts for the valve
stems.  To do this,  I make some  punches cut the felts to the correct
diameter.
The person from whom I borrowed the pilot called me yesterday  and told me to
come and pick up a Black and Decker valve grinder that he didn't  need.  Now,
I am in the process of building a roll away table for this new  tool addition.
Am I the only one who has these types of interference or this to be  expected
when working with old iron.

Francis Maciel
Santa Maria, CA