[SEL] Re: [AT] Charity auction

Prepair Ltd prepair at easynet.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 06:30:18 PST 2005

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:19:42 -0500, you wrote:

>I have some family business out of town again and will be gone till the end
>of the weekend.   I want to give you folks something to think about while I
>am gone:
>
>Why is it that those people who have stalwart opinions on how the auction
>money should be spent, aren't so adamant when when it is time to bid or
>donate?   There is a large percentage of folks posting opinions on spending
>the money who didn't donate or bid.  In the past, with just a few
>exceptions, only people that participated posted opinions.  Call me naive
>but I thought that would occur again this year.
>
>I will leave the category open till the end of the weekend and see those of
>you who know how to spend the money also know how to donate and bid.
>
>Spencer Yost

Spencer:

Having read this one and the latest post today, I am a little puzzled
by your comments.

I did comment on the original request about the Tsunami fund as the
email was broadcast to the SEL List as a whole, and I added my comment
on the basis that that is what you wanted.

I did not get time this Xmas to get involved as I had already
explained, but have done in the past, the last three auctions in fact.
I didn't know if participating in the auction was a prerequisite for
me to comment on the Tsunami fund as there was no comment about that
from you in your original post.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes