[SEL] Speed limiter.....elevator governor.

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Sun Jan 9 16:35:10 PST 2005

Jack and others...........I have an Otis elevator governor ,mounted on a
trolley and driven by a little J.A.P motor just for demo purposes. It has
bob weights and was designed to ''grip '' the fixed cable with a wedge when
it tripped as in free falling.

 Jack this little machine is out at Midland workshops for the moment until i
bring it down to Albany . It was originally installed in the old Goldsbrough
Mort building in St Georges Tce Perth .....Otis Elevator Co were very
helpful in giving me the history of the machine.