[SEL] Speed limiter

Leroy C. oldengin at udata.com
Sun Jan 9 05:44:17 PST 2005

Jack Watson wrote:

> Steve Gray wrote:
>
>> Hey Guys & Gals -
>>
>>   I picked up a little trinket last November in the form of a speed
>> limiter for a line shaft.
>>
> Could it have been a safety device - an over-speed brake for a lift
> (elevator)?
>
> Jack in Oz

Steve, in my little mind, which ever way you would install this device
it could be wrong for a line shaft..  Yes I agree that it is a brake but
to slow down the machine is not good and to place it on the engin side
would tear up the wood clutches as you described them. It does, did,
have a purpose but I am not convinced it is in a line shaft operation.
ps Nice toy....

--
		C-ya

		  Leroy Clark

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give."
            W.A. NANCE

better look here--- http://www.oldengine.org/members/lclark