[SEL] Charity auction

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 14:39:38 PST 2005

Spencer and list folks,

When I spend money on the charity auction I always look forward to hearing that a portion of the money went to the ALS Foundation.

The very scale of the Tsunami disaster is terrible. The need is so great. No amount of money can make it go away, but even though our country is sending help in other ways I agree with you that we should direct the money there.

Also,,,,  Spencer, Talk to the seller and see if the auction for the Famous, World Traveled, Blue Handled Fence Pliers can be extended until the 18th.  Then if folks leave any of my proxy that at risk right now I would love to keep them in Northern Lower Michigan. 8>))

Alan Bowen

Spencer Yost <yostsw at atis.net> wrote:
I am back in town from the funeral, and will be posting some information on
the auction a little later on this afternoon. I the mean time, I wanted
to post a couple of things:

I make the motion that all proceeds from both the Portland Summer auction
and this Charity auction go to the Tsunami victims relief. The need is is
tremendous and the news I am getting from a neighbor who has family in Sri
Lanka is heart breaking. There are areas where food and water are nearly
non-existent and starvation and water borne diseases are starting to, and
will continue to, increase the death toll. They need help immediately.

Payments should be made to:

Old Iron Auction Escrow Account

and then mailed to

Spencer Yost
3160 MacBrandon Ln.
Pfafftown, NC 27040

PS: I can't believe everyone is going to let me have those World Famous
Blue Handled Fence Pliers for just $125. What a steal!

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net