[SEL] [AT] Charity auction

Peter A Forbes diesel at easynet.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 11:45:42 PST 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:38:43 +0100, you wrote:

>As a list member from the other side of the pond, I donated over
>the last years a $1000.00 for the charity auctions.
>A while ago there was the same trouble about WHO got the money,
>is that the reason why there're so little people paticipating in this last
>auction? Only a lousy $700.00 this time.
>Where're all the big spenders you see laughing and sipping all day at
>Portland?
>
>Disappointed,
>John Hammink

John:

I think that we should not be too harsh on what has or has not happened in the
auction. We cannot expect everyone to contribute every year, and there have been
some very good years before, so one 'less than normal' year should not cause a
problem.

We were working this year right over Xmas apart from Xmas Day itself, so had
little time to get anything organised to sell or to look and buy.

We have had successes in the past and will do so again. I am sure that the Lists
as a whole will put up a very good show at Portland to make up for this Xmas.

Peter