[SEL] Shingle Mill

Leroy C. oldengin at udata.com
Mon Jan 3 03:28:27 PST 2005

fero_ah at city-net.com wrote:

>Hi Leroy,
>
>A telephone pole????  You've got to be kidding?  Hereabouts at least the outer
>one inch of a phone pole over probably seven or eight feet is mostly iron from
>all of the nails and crap thats been hammered into 'em from folks posting
>stuff, nailing up basket ball hoops, etc.
>
>Unless you've got access to a really good metal detector, I'd guess you'd be
>replacing blades A LOT!
>
>See ya,  Arnie
>
>Arnie Fero
>Pittsburgh, PA
>fero_ah at city-net.com

Arnie, some of my best lumber of recent has been made from telephone
poles. You do not have to use the entire pole and when making shingles
you only need a 12-18 inch chunk of the pole and you are set. Findlay
uses poles for there shingles, I think as they have at times.  My father
put in one of them outdoor furnaces and he feed anything that will burn
into it. Want some free firewood? try the poles. cough wheeze cough wheeze

--
		C-ya

		  Leroy Clark

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give."
            W.A. NANCE

better look here--- http://www.oldengine.org/members/lclark