[SEL] Re: Literature on Old Engine - Ethics Question

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Sat Feb 26 14:01:33 PST 2005

Hi Peter,

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Listerdiesel wrote:

> Well, I have an original EK manual copy if you want a decent copy... :-))

Why not scan it and replace the ratty Ed Deis copy on the literature page?
8-))

> But, where do we stop?  Do we say that ALL copies should be banned
> because Joe Doe is, or might be, selling them to make a living?  What
> about Internal Fire and their archives?  What about all the other
> resources, not least the guys that sell this stuff on ebay?   I don't
> have a handle on where we need to draw a line under this right now, to
> quote a 'US-ism'

I'm happy to keep it simple.  Hit & Miss, Starbolt, and Pederson all sell
parts and literature and advertise these items in their catalogs.  They
mark the literature as to the fact that it is available from them.  So why
not just agree to not screw 'em?  Works for me.  No need to create any
grand universal truths, just show a little respect to the folks who
support our hobby.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA