[SEL] Re: Literature on Old Engine - Ethics Question

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Sat Feb 26 13:12:46 PST 2005

Hi Jeff,

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Jeff Allen wrote:

> I won't buy a reprint and put it online. I don't think that is ethical
> because I didn't do the work.

That is EXACTLY what I referred to.  Those two items are Ed Deis' reprints
as shown by his catalog numbers on the front of the items.  Starbolt
identifies his reprints on the back.  I don't know how Lee Pederson
identifies his.

These folks support our hobby.  I don't think it's ethical for us to put
literature items that they sell up as freebies.  That practice does NOT
benefit the hobby.  We aren't making something available that isn't
otherwise available.

> I will buy original material and put it
> online if it is public domain. I have as much right to use it as anyone.
> I made a choice to share whatever information I can as opposed to trying
> to sell it.

BTW, Jeff, for your info, I'm the guy who provided the Novo & Oil Well
Supply info that's on the Literature page.  Like you say, I've put that
info there to aid others in the hobby.  That sort of sharing is a good
thing.  Putting up Deis / Starbolt / Pederson reprints is not a good thing.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com