[SEL] OK Here's A Post About old Stationary Iron!

Tod Engine todengine at zoominternet.net
Mon Feb 21 15:40:09 PST 2005

This post should make up for all of the off topic stuff if we were to gauge the significance of the on topic posts by the sheer tonnage of old stationary iron talked about!!  :-)

I'm itching to get back to work on the Tod Engine display site.  I have talked to a contractor with a skid steer with auger to drill the holes for the foundation piers for the display pavilion, and once we get a few nice days I'll get him out there to do the work.  Then I'll get a few forms in place and start pouring the next portion of the concrete display slab.    One way or another the concrete work will get done this spring and the remainder of the engine gets moved to the site this summer (or fall depending upon how busy the riggers are!)

Maybe you've noticed in the new show directory that we are listed for having a show on September 17 and 18.  This is the goal that I have set for having enough of the site ready for our first open house and hopefully all of the engine parts will be there (if not reassembled yet).  This will be an event to both thank the people who have assisted with the Tod Engine Project and also our first public gathering to show off the engine (parts).  It would be fabulous if one or more SEL members could come out with an engine or two to run.  That weekend also marks nine years since the beginning of removal of the engine from the mill on Sept. 20, 1996.

Rick Rowlands
Executive Director
Tod Engine Heritage Park
William Tod 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Steam Engine
Youngstown, OH
http://www.todengine.org/
Photo Albums Online: http://community.webshots.com/user/todengine