[SEL] duh! OT!

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Mon Feb 21 14:54:40 PST 2005

That nice Ted, real nice.... I'm happy that you started making patterns
30 years ago. The result of that is one of the most comprehensive
records of ignitors in the world. I have made a complete copy of your
ignitor photos because it is such a fine reference. You have posted that
work on the internet for all to see and occasionally report that you
make updates.

I was under the impression that the SEL was a forum in which we all
could post show pictures and reports, auction results, ask questions
about our engines, and tell a little bit about what we are doing. Some
of us younger fellows (42 here) are where you were 20 years ago perhaps.
Good energy levels, good enthusiasm, and a strong willingness to share
with others what we are working on at the moment. There is probably as
much work in documenting and web page writing for such work as there is
in the work itself.
Frankly there has been little on topic discussion on the list lately and
I was hoping to get some discussion, any discussion, about engines
going. Your tirade will likely kill what little discussion was getting
started. (But I sure hope not)
There will be two more posts on pattern making from me. One tomorrow and
one on Wednesday. That will conclude my contribution for the moment on
Stickney patterns. If those post don't meet with your approval I
encourage the use of your delete key.
Regards,
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC