[SEL] IH3M Belt Pulley

Brian Taylor brianne at ultratune.com.au
Mon Feb 14 19:20:39 PST 2005

Hi Guys
I am having some difficulty obtaining a belt drive pulley for the 3M.
I am considering turning one up on the lathe out of hardwood.
Has anyone ever done this? It will only be lightly loaded.
If anyone has a dimensioned drawing of a pulley, I guess approx 6" Dia. is there any chance of a copy?(To suit the IH3M)
Also, has anyone any experience of using fire hose as a belt?
I have been given 4 metres of it by the local fire station , it is the newer rubberised type.
I would guess that the older canvas type would be better?

Brian Taylor
Hervey Bay Historical Museum
13 Zephyr St..Scarness
Web Site: http://herveybaymuseum.museum.com/welcome.html