[SEL] OT (Maybe) - Home Workshops & Equipment

Reg Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Mon Feb 14 01:15:16 PST 2005

I have kept out on this up till now but, after reading Leroy's
comments..................
I got into this hobby 'one handed' and that was the wrong hand too, as I am
a left hander.
Every step I have made has been a challenge. And I enjoyed each step.
My workshop is where I spend most of my time.
I decide way back that I needed all the help good machines would give me.
The cost was not great compared to the help they have given me and, when I
need to part with them, the resale value will make the owning, well worth
while.
My machines are all a bit modified to allow me to use them better.
Each day I look forward to producing something new, and I get the joy of
having produced something to the best of my ability.
No way am I out to prove anything. I make for my enjoyment.
I consider myself to be one of the luckiest people as I have the chance to
do what I choose.
The first piston, gear, etc.etc. were all major steps forward for me and
when I had beaten each challenge, I felt good.
The truth is, for me, my shop is my existence. Making things is what it is
all about for me.
When I can no longer do these things, life wont be worth while.
So far, I am having a ball.  <G>

Moral?  Get in there and enjoy doing YOUR thing!
Reg & Marg Ingold.
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
randmingold at hotkey.net.au
http://www.oldengine.org/members/randmingold