[SEL] Propane regulators & Bessemer Status

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Sun Feb 13 11:38:11 PST 2005

Hi George,

I had taken the Bessemer half-breed to Coolspring for the June show which
featured half-breeds.  I wasn't real hopeful as work on it at home had
indicated that the compression was probably just too low to run.

We all experimented with it at Coolspring and the consensus was cylinder bore,
possibly spray the piston, and new rings.  So the piston and cylinder went home
with Craig Prucha and took their place in line in his shop.  The good news is
as soon as the project that's on the machines now is finished, the Bessemer
cylinder is next up.  Watch this space for work in progress...
http://www.antique-engine.com/shopwork/shopwork33.htm

See ya,  Arnie