[SEL] New Iron Find

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Sun Feb 13 09:28:39 PST 2005

I  probably have one somewhere online. I'll have to hunt for it.

They weren't referred to by horsepower, but by displacement. Mine's a
52 cubic inch, the smallest ZC. They didn't refer to "Z, Type C" or
"ZC" anywhere on the engine, either. It's just a Fairbanks-Morse Type Z
(great big capital Z), 52 cubic inches, 800 RPM. It has a cast ratchet
for a speed adjustment lever on the crankcase cover, but none was
installed on mine, which was an oilfield engine with the steam
condenser and cooling fan over the hopper, and ran on gas from the well
with a valve screwed directly into the end of the carburetor under the
choke plate. Mine's converted back to being a gasoline/kerosene engine
with a starting fuel bowl and jet and a main running jet with a fuel
tank under the base.

John

On Feb 12, 2005, at 11:51 PM, Rupert Wenig wrote:

> Hello John, Francis,
> 	Do one of you have a picture of the Fairbanks Morse Type Z, Style C,
> 2½ HP you could post somewhere or send me? Thanks in advance.
>
> Rupert

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA