[SEL] OT (Maybe) - Home Workshops & Equipment

rdhaskell at juno.com rdhaskell at juno.com
Sat Feb 12 09:48:58 PST 2005

Hello Peter.
I have a Swiss made gap lathe, 14" swing and 20" with gap out and about
5½' bed.  And a Taiwan copy of a Bridgeport mill.  The use varies,
sometimes every day, then they may rest for a month.  They are used on
engine things as well as other projects. It is very satisfying to need a
part to repair a latch on a microwave or similar appliance that is not
available, then take a scrap of metal and machine one out that is better
than the plastic original.
I look as machinery as an investment, pays off every time you use it and
it doesn't eat any groceries waiting for the next time to be used.  Then
when you no longer need it, sell for as much as you paid for it or more.

Ron Haskell
rdhaskell at juno.com
Riverside, California
USA