[SEL] OT (Maybe) - Home Workshops & Equipment

Tod Engine todengine at zoominternet.net
Sat Feb 12 06:17:00 PST 2005

At the Tod Engine restoration shop we have a Hendey 16" swing by 8' bed
lathe, circa 1912, Shumaker & Boye 24" swing x 16' bed lathe, circa 1908,
28" Cincinnati drill press circa 1910 and a Cincinnati Bickford radial drill
press circa 1920.  None are operational as of yet and all were flat belt
driven at one time.  A friend has an Enco Mill Drill and a business
associate has a Rong Fu mill drill, neither of which is set up either. we
also have an elcheapo metalcutting band saw. One of the projects for this
year is to put these machines to productive use.

At the Tod Engine Works foundry we have a 9" bore cupola furnace and this
coming week I will be building a 13" bore brass/aluminum crucible furnace.
At the foundry that I do contract work for is an assortment of other
equipment that I can use, most notably is a recently acquired Wheelabrator
tumbleblast machine.  This machine can take any piece of metal with
unlimited amounts of rust, scale, paint etc. and turn it a bright silvery
color in 5 minutes removing everything but the base metal.

On my list of things to acquire include a better quality bandsaw, a good
welder, and woodworking tools so that I can start making patterns.

Our rubber tired shop equipment list includes an Allis Chalmers front end
loader and a Coles truck crane (basketcase).  Both are recent acquisitions
and await movement to the heritage park and restoration shop respectively.

Rick