[SEL] Belt Dressing

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Mon Feb 7 07:09:47 PST 2005

J. Dave,
Somewhere on Rob's rustyiron website is a great article on the HP that
can be transmitted with any given combination of belt width, driven
pulley diameter, driver pulley diameter, and speed. I believe it would
be a safe statement that reliance on belt dressing is necessary only
when exceeding the permissible HP the calculations/charts show. That
statement will likely stir up some debate, but I've found that by
following these belt HP transmission guidelines, I've never had to use
belt dressing.
Perhaps Rob can post the link.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC