[SEL] Fw: Tuesday Morning update - Charlie Bryant

Paul Maples paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 1 10:28:54 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard R Allen
To: paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 7:13 AM
Subject: Tuesday Morning update

Good Morning, Paul,  (Please delete any of this you wish before posting it.)

Thanks for your message, Paul. I did read to him the one of yesterday when I called before he went to surgery .He's happy to hear from his friends

Thanks for your needed prayers!! We will be leaving shortly to be with Evelyn- (90 miles from here) -sorry won't dare to mess with my brother's computer so will not be sending update tonight.  (Sister Lois)

His daughter  (a nurse) in TX sent the following---
This morning at 615 AM EST, I  phoned and was told he had been transferred to 8th floor-- Cardiac floor, ELLISON building--  ,same building. His nurse ( male gave me a good report. Here it is :

1/ Dad came back at PM EST to 8th floor

2/ He had been stable thru out the night regarding blood pressure and pulse.

3/ Surgeons were unable to take all the leads/ wires of left- sided pacemaker but took out pacemaker.

4/ He still has a turned-on, functioning) DEMAND pacemaker on the right side of his chest. DEMAND means that it is set for a certain rate (dad's case: 40 ). Then, IF his  heart rate falls BELOW 40, the demand pacemaker will  kick in and "charge" the heart, so to speak, so that his heart rate doesn't  fall below 40 beats per minute.

5/ Right now there is,   "NO Plan," said his male nurse. He went on to explain that the 3 docs-- infectious control female doc, the cardiologist and ELECTROcardiologist doc ( doc  for pacemaker aspect of dad's condition) would get together today and discuss a plan---- Still intend to keep him on antibiotics BUT are talking about moving up the date of his valve( s) replacement surgery to FEB,  instead of waiting till March 1st week .