[SEL] Flywheel dangers

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Thu Dec 29 17:41:36 PST 2005

>   **   I assume that you meant to say kero or distillate, no?

Mine specifies on its label "Gasoline or Kerosene." "Distillate"
certainly covers a lot of ground, but generally meant heavier
distillates than kerosene, like "Gas Oil" or what we now call Diesel
fuel. I've tried running my M on Diesel. Doesn't work for crap.

There were a number of carbureted engines designed to run on heavy
distillates, but they commonly employed additional measures to handle
them, like exhaust-heated intake air. Engines designed for the heavier
distillates were often generically termed "Oil Engines," of which the
Diesels are a subclass.

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA