[SEL] New Way Mixer Re-Casting

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Wed Dec 28 09:58:52 PST 2005

Howdy all;

  Fellow engine friend just sent me his mixer to use as a pattern.  (ain't
that great!!???):

http://community.webshots.com/photo/471752277/510896797IFBcLi

  Upon arrival I noticed that the big wet spot is a blob of brazing/welding
and covers up the p/n..aargh.

  Here's a better picture of another mixer with my comments..apologize to
the gentleman that sent it to me as I lost your name:

 http://community.webshots.com/photo/471752277/530440989kREuDu

  I would like Rick to make me a re-cast, but don't want to disassemble the
choke assembly for fear of destroying something original i.e. "peaned choke
butterfly shaft ends.

  It looks simple enough to turn on a lathe and with some
fabricating/welding would probably pass, but no way of getting the p/n on it
and also the long UNIQUE mounting bracket would be hard to fabricate IMO.
You can't see it as it's mounted on the back of the mixer.

  Any suggestions on what to do in order to get a re-cast and not ruin his
iron?

  'preciate it and thanks for looking,

RickinMt.