[SEL] Cushman Exhaust Valve Stem Clearance

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Dec 27 10:40:25 PST 2005

At 12:00 PM 27/12/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Message: 46
>Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:38:37 EST
>From: FRM8198 at aol.com
>Subject: [SEL] Cushman Exhaust Valve Stem Clearance
>To: SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com
>
>Hi,
>The Cushman Cub manual, I have, doesn't contain the  specifications for the
>exhaust valve tappet clearance.  On my engine, the  valve stem clearance
>seems
>to be excessive (about .200).  What is the  correct clearance?
>Francis  Maciel

Hi Francis,
         My Massey Harris  (rebadged Cushman Cub) shows .015 for Exhaust
clearance.

         I'm mailing a copy of the manual to you off list - hope it is
useful. It is just under 1 Megabyte - hope I do not jam up your email.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---