[SEL] Boy are we stoopid!!

Jim and Diane jd.kirkes at verizon.net
Sun Dec 25 08:20:26 PST 2005

You might find http://www.arrowengine.com/cseries.htm interesting.

Jim

Jim and Diane Kirkes
Hemet, CA , U.S.A.
jd.kirkes at verizon.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Moran" <jrmoraninc at yahoo.com>
To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2005 7:36 AM
Subject: Re: [SEL] Boy are we stoopid!!

OK...I asked yesterday about the "efficiency" of  the antique engines that
you folks restore and so covet.  Someone  wrote back, indicating that the
curve would vary and (clearly) the type  of fuel plays a factor.  Allow me
to ask this...
 Suppose one  of you experts were to take the basic "aged" design of some
specific  old engine (which brand/model does not matter so much in my mind)
and  "re-thought/re-engineered" that item utilizing current (modern)
materials, newer carburetors, and more recently discovered  approaches.
What, if any, difference would such "advances" or  "improvements" make?
  Just wondering.  Perhaps this has already been done or thought about.
  JM