[SEL] OT: F86Sabre

Charles R Bryant mogul460 at localnet.com
Thu Dec 22 04:53:10 PST 2005

Subject: Re: [SEL] OT: F86Sabre

 Rob you wouldn't of got a ride in an F-86. Joe Lynch crashed the only 2
 seater  they built. He rolled too soon on take off at Nellis  AFB
in Las Vegas on a  demonstration  tour in 1954. They did build some
2 seater F-100's . I worked on the  production line of the F-86
 and in Enginenering Flight Test on the F-86, F-100 and F-107
and then as a  Tech Rep on the Sabreliner  business jet. Once I
even conned a Sabreliner operator in  picking up a set of
 Stickney engine trucks in Witchita, Kansas and flying them to me in St.
 Louis, MO . It was while I was on assignment in St. Louis that
my neighbor got me  interested in Hit and Miss engines.

 Charlie Bryant