[SEL] health and safety......gone mad.

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Tue Dec 20 21:13:09 PST 2005

G'day Peter,

As Slick Willy used to say I feel your pain.  But when I visit my local steel
yard to buy a box of off-cuts and shear trimmings, I walk onto the shop floor
and load my boxes.  No hard hat, no viz jacket, no safety glasses, no steel toe
boots.  I do wear my own leather gloves cos I'm not a dummy.  I pay cash by the
pound when they weigh my boxes out.

Oh, and we don't erect bloody fences around our engines at rallys.  I own and
carry firearms.  We can own knives, swords, cross-bows, etc.

If you're looking for the source of your nanny-state, I think you better check
FAR closer to home.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com

Quoting peter ogborne <jopeter at omninet.net.au>:

> Today I went to my local Smorgon Steel supply to buy a piece of 100 x6 MS
> flat bar ,an off cut would be OK.To enter the premises it is now required to
> wear a safety helmet, a fluro coloured vest and a pair of questionable
> safety glasses.
<snip>