[SEL] ATIS Christmas Charity Auction?

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 06:52:23 PST 2005

Reply to Arnie's email-
 1.  You can see  some images of  the engine (IHC "M", I believe/the tag is missing)  by going to "public.fotki.com/mikesloane/jim morans discoveries".   As mentioned previously, my appreciation to Mike Sloane for this  posting effort.  Should there be any difficulty with the download,  he may be contacted at mikesloane at verizon.net.
 2.  The  flywheels are 18" in diameter.  In terms of condition, it is what  it is.  It is stuck and there are components missing (e.g., fuel  tank).  The mag is a Wico and the machine had been mounted to a  wooden skid, a portion of which remains.
 3.   Understand this FULLY...I have next-to-no knowledge of h-'n-m  goods.  However, in "lurking" around the SEL site, I am abundantly  aware of not only your (collective) skills but (perhaps of greater  significance), your (again collective) enthusiasm for the engines and  the importance of their preservation.  It seems to me that you are  a group of men and women who assist each other willingly and with a  high degree of eagerness.  Perhaps with your experience, your  access to the needed "bits and pieces", and your apparent love of a  challenge, this old girl could once again (at least) make some  noise.  Then again, maybe its future is nothing more than a parts  item.  I honestly don't know and admit to nothing further. 8^)
  4.  No, sorry.  I am not proposing donation but, rather,  selling it for a fair price to someone who understands the situation.
  5.  Again, there are many other "things" at the site.  I know  what some are and I don't have a clue as to the purpose of others.
  Let me know, please.
  Jim Moran

Arnie Fero <fero_ah at city-net.com> wrote:  Hi Jim,

Would you provide the list with a little more info on the engine?  What
model?  IHC made a great many different engines and they vary hugely in
terms of desirability.  What HP?  What condition & completeness?  Are you
proposing to donate it to the ATIS Charity Auction or are you offering it
up for sale?

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA