[SEL] Snipping and Flaming

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 03:05:30 PST 2005

Just a polite message to those who post on both of the lists:

Snipping unwanted and unnecessary sections of emails and posts,
including the sig sections and the parts added by both Lists' software
should be a de factor part of every-day usage for ALL of you, not just
those who take the trouble.

Adding jpeg images to your sig may look good to you, but it also adds
to the download time for those on dial-up and serves absolutely no
purpose in this email-based environment. I don't know how that
started, but we have a couple of regulars here that have it on their
sig lines.

Posting in HTML is another waste of space and time for those who don't
want to see it or don't have news and email readers that can use it.
HTML code is another back-door entry for viruses, and should not be
used for email.

Take the trouble to READ what is posted, and then read it again!  So
many misunderstandings occur becuase folks think they read something
into a post which just wasn't there. We've all done it, just THINK
before hitting the 'send' button.

Basic courtesy should be extended to everyone, not just your mates on
the Lists.

Peter (acting Dolly stand-in)
--
Peter A Forbes