[SEL] bridge engine pics posted

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Fri Dec 16 19:18:09 PST 2005

Bill, the pics are great!  I understand, from the development in the area,
why you wanted to be sure to have permission before you went up there.

A question for the list:  How did they start this engine when needed?  Send
someone up to spin the flywheels?  Was it started remotely?  There are hand
levers to apparently engage the gearing.  I presume it raised the rail
bridge to allow boat/ship passage.  Is the bridge a lift bridge or a swing
bridge?  I think I would want a lot of time to start that thing with a large
boat coming up or down stream.

Gary